Monday, December 11, 2017

T Stands for Tuesday

Hello my Tuesday FRIENDS ♥
I know I've been missing again.... 😒
The first week  we had gone to my parents for Thanksgiving ...which we celebrate on the Saturday after there. We were having such a good visit that we ended up staying a few days longer. Bob had vacation days he had to use so I rearranged my schedule to be free too. 
While we were all there we decided to decorate my parents house for them. They love Christmas decorations but just aren't able to do it themselves any longer. 




This is their all seasons back porch where they spend the majority of their time. 
It's wall to wall nick knacks and things different members of the family have made over the years so it makes decorating a challenge. 
My Mom is a hoarder of all things made by us as kids and adults. 😏 
We drug out these gems from the past just to see if the grandkids could guess what the were. They couldn't... can you ?

They were made it the late sixties and are very brittle so we left them in the box. 
This wreath that I made her in 1983 is still in great shape so we hing it. 
It is crocheted with cotton crochet thread and very small hook. I made 10 of them that year and my hands hurt just thinking about it. Mine was destroyed in a fire years ago and I would love to make another one.... but I don't think I could survive it 😒
I'm not even sure I can get my current gift projects finished this year 😓 the hands are really screaming at me. 
This week I am trying to get the house decorated and it's very slow going...
Between my hands and my back I'm almost useless. Bob has had to pick up the slack and he's been very good about it. 
My little trees are done ...
There are actually 3  trees in that box 😤
 The bigger tree is getting there. It's actually a much smaller tree than we used to have so we've had to go through and decide what ornaments are going to get used and what's not. 
I don't think I'll be getting out my Santa's or Snowmen this year. So once the tree is done I think we are too. 
Here's my drink for the week... a little tea break we took last night while sorting things out. 

Today's Random Thoughts




The last one is my favorite ♥

So that's it for this week ! 
Now hop on over and check out the folks at

17 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, great to see you around again, I missed you! Glad you were able to spend some quality time with your family, and that you got the decorations done. Have a great week and a happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a really wonderful Thanksgiving and way to spend family time. I'm sure your parents so appreciated the decorating . I find too that as we are aging and health diagnoses creep in it's more difficult to keep up. But, we all need to just do as we can.
    Be well, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, yes I know what those wreaths were made of. Boy do I remember punch cards. They were still around when I first started my undergrad school. The next year, we got PCs because of a grant, or they would still be using those old punch cards today (grin).

    Decorating around those knick knacks must have been a challenge, but what stories each of them could have told. So glad you enjoyed yourself at Thanksgiving, and it's a great way to spend time with family around you, too.

    I love your trees. And I love the beautiful tray with drinks, too. Thanks for sharing these memories and beautiful photos with us for T this Tuesday.

    I also pared down this year (believe it or not) and didn't put out nearly as much because I didn't want to have to put it all away later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you were able to visit with us Carol.. Christmas is whatever i want it to be.. I don't have any kids at home anymore...so theres nothing i HAVE to do...Some years i don't decorate at all and other years i'm feeling it more.. I don't think it should ever be a chore.. This year we did decorate for the first time in our new home.. It was a little rough getting going but once started i was on a roll...lol So glad hubby helped you.. My hubby has one job... put the lights on the tree... and he did it beautifully ..lol.. Feel better my dear.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great way to spend time with family and to remind all those beautiful self made decorations while hanging them up.
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that your mom kept all these decorations. The holidays are all about that in my mind. Plus it is fun to see what was "stylish" at different times. I like that wreath you made. Looks like you ended up having some fun! Happy T day-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks like you had such fun with your family decking out the house with Christmas cheer! It must have been lovely to see all those old decorations and reminisce - perfect 😀. I'm not sure what they are either ...lol 😉. Your trees looks beautiful, your hubby did such a good job too 😁. The random thoughts made me smile, the last one especially. I hope you feel better soon, don't over do it! Sending you get well vibes and wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to say, I love those darling Santa cups and saucers too 😁. Happy T Day! J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Morning, Carol! It looks so festive in your pictures. We have been putting up The Mama's tree and decorations now for about five years and we really enjoy it. You had a good turnout for decorating your Mom and Dad's tree. Looks Merry at your house, too! Laughing at your first Random Thought! We have our pre-lit tree up but it is still standing there naked. Hope to get it decorated soon... I have PROcrastination. Enjoy your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remembering decorating Mother's tree after she wasn't able to manage it alone, and you bring back such sweet memories :) What a beautiful job y'all did! I love those seasonal cups you used during your tea break. I enjoy using cups special for the season. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. that was so nice of you to decorate for your Mom. and I love your crocheted wreath-wow that's amazing and the fact that you had made several of them-those are wonderful.
    enjoy your day hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you had a lovely break with the family, I'm sure your Mom loved having you all with her. I think we all save decorations that are meaningful to the family.
    Your trees all look so pretty and festive.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many beautiful decorations. I am not sure what those ribbon ones are but they look like huge tree toppers? That crochet wreath is so magnificent and must have taken a while.
    And I love that quote about getting underwear when you no longer believe! So fun!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, that note to Santa is sweet. Glad you had such a great visit at your folks house. They must have been thrilled and you've left all that Christmas spirit behind. Lovely.

    Our tree (single - only 1 but it's big) isn't up yet. Every day I think "tomorrow." Then something else needs doing - lol.

    Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that you all got together to put up the Christmas decorations! At the moment we are living with an undecorated tree - I will find time(no, really, I will!!!) Sorry to be so late for T! Yesterday was a little hectic! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are some lovely quotes. I love the dip it in sparkle.
    Your wreath is so pretty, wow!

    lovely holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carol, I'm happy you were able to decorate for your parents, how sweet! My mom kept all of my 'art' work from my childhood, too. (How I miss her!) I love the gorgeous crocheted wreath, I can well imagine how your hands would cramp up! I used to do a lot of counted cross stitch work and since my eyes aren't what they used to be, I gave it up in favor of stained glass, but I still miss it. It sounds like your back and mine are a pair, gosh, I'm tired of this. I keep stretching and hoping for the best. I love your beautiful tree, too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete