Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Recycled Deck Chandelier



After thinking about it for days...I decided what the heck go for it! 
I had an old milk glass and brass chandelier that had no home an old rusty set of chair springs and some solar lights. 



I stripped out the wiring and remove the light bulb bases. Spray painted the whole thing with a Rusting kit and glues the springs in where the light sockets were.



Glued the tops of the solar lights...the actual light parts minus the poles and reflectors.... to the bottoms of vintage electric insulators. Then placed them upside down into the springs. 


The insulators made the whole thing a little top heavy so I had to reinforce the clamp on Shepard's  hook with Zip strips. I'll come up with a way of camouflaging those zip strips soon. 


I love the way the lights kind of bounce a little in the breeze on those springs and it looks really cool at night. Very hard to photograph though.

Many shots turned out like this :) 
Which is artzy cool but doesn't show off the lights well.


At any rate I love my new chandelier and I also have a couple of table lights that I love too.

linking to:
Frugal Friday


2 comments: