Tuesday, May 2, 2017

T Stands for Tuesday

Hello again my Tuesday FRIENDS!!!!
Another crazy storm filled week here . We have had more rain and excitement than we really wanted to have. Over the weekend we had 13 inches of rain 😢☂
Midweek storms took down two huge tree limbs by our house and nearly took out my new truck. Luckily there wasn't any damage to the truck but it was close. 
Believe me I now park in the carport every night!!!
Thursday was the only day we didn't have rain so Bob had to work fast to cut up the branches and get them out of the driveway .
The caterpillars are growing like crazy and the oldest ones have now gone to the top of their cage to start forming their Chrysalis. 
They are getting so big and there are so many that I had to divide them up by size and but them in different cages. Easier to take care of  and each size has a different feeding need. They are rapidly depleting my supply of Milkweed leaves so I have started driving down country roads looking for new plants to dig up and bring home. 
Here is my Caterpillar Condo Tower and by required cup of coffee. 
I have three different types of milkweed on my property but this group will only eat one kind 😢   Previous years they ate all of them so feeding was easy. 
I did finish my painting for those that don't follow my art blog. Here she is ...
Her Royal Highness the 
Queen of Hearts. 
Today's Random Thoughts



So now you can jump on over to 
and check out what all of the other folks are up to this week.. Me I'll be looking for 
Milkweed !

14 comments:

  1. I love the way you care for your little critters, and their beautiful 'condo'.Hope you fin milkweed for them! Your art is gorgeous, I told you that already. Sorry you had so much rain, I saw on the news about the floods over there. Look after yourself! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'am so so happy you are having such success with your caterpillars!!! Here's hoping you have many many butterflies!! Happy T day Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy your new truck did not get damaged that would have been horrible-I remind Larry all the time to get his new truck into the carport before a big storm--all those storms were craziness.
    cograts on your success with the butterflies
    Happy T day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have enough space to do much, but I do enjoy planting for them as I can, and I appreciate all you do for the butterflies.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the rain goes away soon and sorry to hear about the tree branches.

    Your artwork is so beautiful and I always love all the sayings you post.

    Happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol ... all I can imagine now is you looking for milkweed :-) . That's quite a creche you have there and they are so lucky you are carrying for them, they may not have found it very easy in all that rain. Your Queen of hearts is beautiful and I enjoyed all of today's random thoughts - wonderful! Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh your truck had a lucky escape in the storms.
    You probably saved your little critters lives by caring for them indoors and not in all the rain.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny... Caterpillar Condo! And hunting for milkweed.. love it. Glad the tree limb was just a close call and not a call to the insurance co.! Beautiful queen...Is she queen of the Butterflies? 😋

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the caterpillar condo! Good Luck finding enough Milkweed! The Queen of Hearts looks very regal! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing how those caterpillars are growing. You've got a regular old farm going. :) Happy belated T day. Hope you're drying out too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I thought we had a lot of rain here. That is just crazy! We've had 8.1 inches over the last week and more forecast for tomorrow and Friday. I don't know when I'll get the summer gardens in. But nature's gonna do what nature's gonna do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 13 inches... whoa! We got just a bit over 7. It is pouring here now. Could not believe the flooding on Highway 54 up to Jeff and on to Columbia. I want this round of rain to end tomorrow, so tired of it.
    Glad your truck was not damaged. So cool with the caterpillar tower. Her Royal Highness is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that was close on your new truck! Glad there wasn't any damage. Love your caterpillar condos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your caterpillar condos are impressive! Boy that was a close call for your new truck! Thank goodness, no damage was done. I hope you'll have some sunny weather soon.

    Happy T-day, Carol! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete