Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gardens Last Harvest



Sunday was truely the last day for the veggie garden in 2009. I harvested the broccoli and the rest of the herbs and then mulched everything that needed it and said goodbye til spring. I also managed to plant 50 more daffadil bulbs along the driveway intrance for more spring beauty. So now whatever good days we have for working outside will be spent cleaning up the wooded areas that have gotten totally overgrown in the 3 years that my mother-in-law has been living with us. I'm excited to get this done and to start developing more shade gardens out there.
In the meantime I'm looking forward to the holidays and whatever natural beauty the winter weather brings us this year. I'm really looking forward to the first snowfall of the year and the first snowball I get to throw at Bob }:>)

2 comments:

  1. You have some lovely gardens. I have pretty much given up on growing anything other than herbs nobody uses (like sage, lavender, thyme, oregano. The bunnies and deer eat everything else. So my plan for next year is to grow those and also jalepeno peppers in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a couple of good years..before that it was iffy to say the least. The ground here is terrible and it has taken alot of work to build it up to something usable.

    ReplyDelete