Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cold Rainy Days and Sage Tea


Today was cold and wet and one of the few occasions this year that I've been home alone. Just me and the dogs.. no garden work to call me outdoors and no one to cook for. So I built a warm fire and curled up on the couch with a hot cup of sage tea. I love sage tea! It makes my tummy feel good and when I have a cold it always makes me breathe better. Recent research says that it also improves brain function and increases memory. I could certainly use all the help I can get there! But mostly I love it because it brings back pleasant memories of time spent with my daughter...cuddled together drinking sage tea and reading books. I loved those times together and miss them dearly.
So if your feeling all gloomy from the weather fix yourself a cup of sage tea and relax and soon you'll just feel good inside. It can be prepared by pouring a cup of boiling water over 1 teaspoon of dried sage leaves place a lid on. It should be infused for few minutes before straining and sweetening with honey, if desired. In case of fresh leaves, a tablespoon of chopped sage leaves can be used and the tea be prepared similarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment