Tuesday, January 22, 2019

T Stands for Tuesday

Hello my Tuesday Friends!
Sliding in at the last minute again today :( 
We had snow again on Sunday....only a little over 2 inches but the winds were so strong it was looking like a blizzard out there. 
Thankfully a lot of the big snow from last weekend had melted so it wasn't too bad to navigate in it.
Here's my coffee from yesterday morning showing the difference of the snow on the deck table.
last week
I can deal with snows like this week much better.
The past few days I've been sorting through my seed collection and trying to determine what I need to buy for this year. It doesn't look like I'll need too many. 
I will admit that I have already bought a few.
I've already started planting some seeds in my little milk jug seed starting pots and put them outside. This "WINTER SOWN"  method has worked well for me for several years now.

Dad is still doing well and getting stronger. Which also means he's misbehaving more :) He wants to just get up and take off on his own instead of  waiting for someone to assist him or at least be close enough to stabilize him if necessary.
Random thoughts for today....



Now don't forget to check out the other T day folks at



14 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of snow!
    How interesting to sow seeds in a milk bottle. I have never seen that but it seems a good idea, as they are protected in the bottle but you can still water them if needed.
    I enjoyed your quotes. Food for thought.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much snow to be dealing with! we lucked out during this past weekend's storm but the cold is another story...
    I love that you are already planning your garden fro this Spring:) Wonderful random thoughts. happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post-glad you didn't get lots more snow-we are to get some ice by morning. good news about your Dad. I won't have a garden at the lake house-sigh-but I will do a few container plants
    Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dad is doing what mine did but I guess it's hard when you spend your life being up and about and then you reach a point you can no longer do that. And lucky you to lose your snow. :) Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your dad is doing so well! :)

    That's the amount of snow I'd like to see every once in a while :) More than just 2-3 inches but less than a foot. Am I picky, or what? lol

    I look forward to seeing more garden progress from you :) I have this little patio I'm ready to do something else with, and other folks' gardening posts are encouraging :) and inspirational.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your father is doing better. I just hope he doesn't fall and hurt himself.

    I wish I could grow tomatoes from seed, but I have zero luck at it. However, I bought four hay bales to grow tomatoes in this year.

    Much better on the snow this week. It's certainly better than last week. We got more ice than snow. I am glad you survived and even made it outside to your deck table. I really enjoyed seeing the difference in the two mugs of coffee. thanks for sharing your mug of coffee, your seeds, and your dad's health with us for T this Tuesday. BTW, a nice MLK quote and I loved the one about being perfect. Seems to fit me to a T!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i´ve never seen or heard of that winter sown method, sounds interesting. love your quotes! happy belated t-day:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snow looks like ours today! So glad your dad is doing better! Look after yourself, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its good that your dad is feeling better, its hard to tell them that then cannot do the stuff they did when they were fully healthy.
    Good luck with your seed planting and have a good week.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm still amazed that your seeds sprout in such cold! The milk jugs must be magic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen the milk bottle method. Pretty cool.

    Glad your dad is doing better even if he is harder to keep track of. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that method of growing your seeds - just enough protection and still getting the light - clever!! Glad your dad is feeling better but hope you can keep him from doing something silly!!! Love your thoughts - the second one really made me laugh!!! Belated Happy T day!, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That is a lot of snow. My favorite quote you have is "You can't buy happiness but you can buy plants." Thanks for this fun T Day post!

    ReplyDelete