Tuesday, September 26, 2017

T Stands for Tuesday

             Hello My Tuesday Friends!!!!
Sliding in at the last minute and hoping the computer stays functional long enough to finish. 
Pressed for time today so this will be short. 
 No art again this week.... although I did at least pull out a sheet of watercolor paper.
There it still sets waiting for inspiration. I have drank many cups of coffee since I set up the paper. 
 We picked the last of the big melons yesterday. 

There are a few small ones out there still but I doubt they get as big as the others this late in the season. You never know though. 
One of my cousins is supposed to be sending me a photo of one my uncle grew in the 90's that weighed in at 110 pounds. Same type of melon. If one of mine got that big we'd have to cut it up out in the garden to bring it in LOL!
 Also wanted to share photos of one of my new birdhouse residents.




It's a flying squirrel :) He's much smaller than the regular squirrels and it's rare to see them in the daylight. Mini is determined she is going to climb the tree to get him LOL! 
Today's Random Thoughts



Don't forget to check out the other folks at

12 comments:

  1. Nice to see you around again, congrats on another huge melon. That flying squirrel is so cute! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flying squirrel-so cute!
    Good to see ya Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is ONE HUGE melon. I bet it was good, though.

    A flying squirrel? For some reason, I thought that was a cartoon character. This little buddy is adorable. I hope Mini doesn't get it.

    LOVED your random thoughts today. I especially like the coffee and the salt.

    I hope you can get back to making art soon. That watercolor paper looks pretty lonely next to your beautiful coffee mug. Thanks for sharing your watermelon, your flying squirrel, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy t day! A blank page can be intimidating..make your mark, looking forward to seeing your creation,. Happy tday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's one huge watermelon, I'm not sure I'd be able to eat all of it though ...lol 😉. I loved seeing the flying squirrel, so cute and I can imagine Mini's reaction, I bet she would really like to be able to climb trees ...lol 😀. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never see flying squirrels around here, so I love seeing your photos! Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh that is a large melon, I imagine you will enjoy eating it as home grown tastes so much better than from a shop.
    The photos of the flying squirrel were lovely.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! What a melon!!! I have fond memories of spending summers with my grandparents in FL... we always seemed to buy watermelons just like the one you show... for like $3 at a road side stand... Best Watermelon Ever!!! I remember many different varieties too..one named Charleston Grey i think?? Anyway.. Walmart seems very limited with their watermelon... always the round ones... Happy T day!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one big melon! Have you eaten it yet? Your white paper made me smile. Those flying squirrels are really cute BUT, we were infested with them in our attic many years ago. Hopefully they won't invade your house because they are really loud at night. Happy T day and have a great week. Hugs-erika

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now, THAT is a watermelon! Wow! Much cooler here finally; time for me to get to work on some stained glass pretty soon. I have never seen a flying squirrel up close, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a huge melon.WOW!!! That flying squirrel is so cute! Happy T day, hugs,Susi

    ReplyDelete
  12. That watermelon is ginormous! Love your little flying squirrel. They seem to love birdhouses. About 10 years ago we had a little family in a decorative bird house. We were shocked to see their little heads in there. We were not as lucky as you to have ever seen them out of the house. We didn't know what they were at first! You got some great shots. That little head sticking out of the hole!

    ReplyDelete