Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Favorite Winter Sport........

Setting in my cozy home and watching the birds at the feeders on the deck and in the back yard! This year the pictures won't be as clear as in the past :0( with the arrival of cold weather we have discovered that the vapor lock in the glass on the patio doors has lost it's seal and it causes a fine fog :0( ....lots of sobbing going on here.


You may or may not notice the difference...But I DO....and it's driving me nuts. 

This beautiful goldfinch was photoed with the door open.....

...the woodpecker wasn't. The first time I have had the chance to get such good shots of this critter and the darned glass is foggy.... 

They have never came to the deck before.....at least not when anyone was home to see them. 

The least little sound or movement and they are history in a flash.....

Tomorrow when I go to work I am pricing the cost for a new  sliding glass door with installation. Hopefully it won't be too much and they can get it done before really cold weather sets in. I'm afraid it will only get worse as the weather gets colder :0( 

I did get lots of chuckles today from this  crazy squirrel. He was determined to get on this feeder...he must have fallen to the ground 15 times  before finally making it. Just in time for the dogs to discover he was on the deck and he had to make a rapid retreat to the trees.



I'm enjoying the peace  of a quiet week between the Holidays. Christmas was wonderful and no where near as hectic as previous years. I have finally ...after 59 years learned not to over stress myself at Christmas :0) Hopefully I will remember to do that every year....it made things so much more enjoyable!
Now it's time for a cup of hot tea and cuddle time with the kitties. 



6 comments:

  1. I too am enjoying the birds that are feeding in my yard this winter,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome to get close ups on the pileated-I have suet feeders all over and have not seen one yet on our suets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great photos. I love watching a determined squirrel. Just tell everyone the "foggy" pictures are a filter for photoshop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carol those are still awesome pictures of the pileated, foggy slider or not. I really don't notice a difference. We have two pileated couples on the "tiny ten" and I have never beenable to get good pictures like that! We had a window on the porch that had a broken seal and it drove me to distraction! Happy New Year's Eve to you and may you have a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the woodpecker is awesome, even with a tiny fog between him and the camera. I've never seen one quite like it before. We get Hairy, Downy, and Red-bellied on our feeder, but haven't seen a Pileated or a Red-headed yet. Hopefully they will discover our generosity at some point. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos, dear Carol! You do a wonderful job feeding all the creatures. Happy New Year! xxoo Nancy

    ReplyDelete