Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bye Bye Red Display Boxes...Hello Distressed White


I've toted these boxes around for 16 years. They came out a Native American Arts & Crafts store my brother-in-law used to own.  They have served as  end tables display tables and most often plant stands. For the longest time the have been this southwest red with copper glaze over them. 
I love red! It's my favorite color and I have used in the public areas of the house for years. 

Now I've decided to tone it down a bit and bring in more whites and neutrals. It started with the end tables and TV stand. Then my red box plant stands did not look so good at all. 

So I whipped out the primer, white paint and antiquing glaze. The first box turned out darker than I really wanted but it's mostly behind the chair so it doesn't look so bad. The second box came out the exact color I was going for!


So my formerly southwest living room is becoming more my new look. I'm not sure exactly what to call it.. maybe country cottage? 


Still working on de-cluttering the place and giving it my own look. At least for the time I have remaining here. 
It keeps me busy and out of trouble :)

4 comments:

  1. Do you love the rug??? Got it for free cause it's a floor sample from a discontinued line. Under that vintage trunk is a big ole bare square with the word sample painted on it. Just have do some creative furniture arranging and no one knows..Well except all of you out there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! The rug, the red and the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red as well, Carol, but I'm too much of a whimp to paint my walls! Also too many pictures, etc. on the walls. Your new look is looking good!

    ReplyDelete