Tuesday, November 27, 2018

T Stands for Tuesday

Hello my Tuesday Friends!!!
It's been another crazy week here with the holiday, family and travel.
Tiring and fun all wrapped into one.
Dad is home from the nursing home now but still needs 24 hour help and supervision.
He walks with a walker but has to have someone holding on behind him. My son is there but you just can't see him. 
Mom thinks she can help him but she is just isn't stable enough herself. 
This is her with Mini. 

My sister has been staying at the house with them since he came home. 
We are trying to work out having someone come in at least during the day so she can go home and see her husband. 
My sister and nephew have been working their butts off getting things done around my parents house to get it safer for them to navigate and more energy efficient.
They emptied their attic so that the utility company can come in and put insulation in their. 
So we now have a garage full of "stuff" to go through and sort. Some treasures but mostly junk so far. 
We did find my rocking chair from when I was a child ....
It will need a good cleaning and refinishing.
We also found the infant rocking horse from when my kids were toddlers.
Which will  also need some major cleaning. We are excited to  get them cleaned up and ready for the twins to use ! 
There are still lots of boxes to go through.
We have snow again...not much this time but enough to make Mini unhappy.

She is so funny when she walks in the snow.
Here's my drink for today....

my herbal iced tea again and a pattern I found for sewing vest for infants and toddlers. I can't wait to get started on them. Only a couple of crochet project this year as the hands can't go  fast enough anymore to finish much before Christmas. 



It's the round one that is really taking a long time!!  Every row is a different color so every end must woven in . It is by far the most challenging crochet project I've attempted.
Today's Random Thoughts



So don't forget to visit the other folks at
"T" Stands for Tuesday,
Just click on the teapot on my sidebar.

13 comments:

  1. Glad your dad is back home, but I hope you soon get help to look after him. Love the old treasures you found. Have a great week, happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that your father is back home. I hope you can find day care for him, since it seems your sister is doing so much work there.

    I love that rocking horse. I've always wanted a small one like that. It;s adorable.

    LOVE that round blanket. It looks very complicated, but I bet when it's finished it will get lots of compliments. It already looks fabulous.

    I love herbal tea, but right now, it's so cold, I'm not sure I could drink iced tea (she says as she takes a sip of cold coffee!). Thanks for sharing your tea and your crocheted projects with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you are finding ways to keep your parents in their home-no fun getting older that's for sure-thank goodness for family-hugs
    good luck with your crochet projects Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your last random thought says it all, Carol. You and other family members have been a godsend to you parents. It's nice they can remain in their own home for a while longer. I hope you find some day help soon.

    What treasures you found for the twins! I bet Elizabeth is ooo-ing and aww-ing over the rocking horse right now (grin).

    Happy T-day! Eileen xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear your news, I bet your dad is so pleased to be home! The treasures you found are so beautiful, I love the rocking horse it looks so amazing and I'm sure the twins will love it too 😁. Your crochet is stunning, is there no end to your talents! Such fabulous random thoughts too. Sending you happy T Day wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your dad is home and hope your sister can get some relief. It's so hard, I know :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its good that your dad is back home again. I hope you all can find some help looking after him to give the family a break.
    The rocking horse will be loved by the twins.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy T day. It's sounds like family has become a top priority in life. (Family should always be first priority but sometimes they become a bigger priority, especially when parents get older. I've been through that with my parents.) But nice your dad is able to be home, I bet he is happy to do that. Glad you have a little time for yourself like crocheting. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. That must be such a relief to have your father home for the holidays.

    Looks like you found some wonderful treasures in the attic.

    Your crochet projects are lovely but I must say that round one is stunning. I can imagine that it is taking a long time but the end result will be breathtaking!

    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pleased ypur dad is back home again

    Beautiful finds and gorgeous crocheting you did

    Hope you enjoyed Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your dad is back home but I hope they get someone into give your sister a break. Treasures to share with the twins--nice! I have my old wooden folding chair that's 67 years old. Also used by my brother and sister and my son when he was little. Ian has sat in it, but it's not very comfortable--LOL! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad your Dad is back home - even though it is taking a lot to look after hime! The treasures you found look brilliant - and so good that they can be used again! I love the last quote especially - I think it was meant for me!!! Belated Happy T day!, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice that your dad is back home. Takes a lot to take care of elders in their own home. Trying to make them safe and happy can be at odds sometimes. Hopefully, you can find assistance to come in. It will take a great load off the family caregivers. The attic treasures are wonderful. Nice to be able to pass things down. Your crochet projects are beautiful. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete