Tuesday, May 23, 2017

T Stands for Tuesday

Hello again my Tuesday friends! 
Once again I'm running a bit behind which seems to be a way of life for me 😥😩
I worked so hard in the yard yesterday, trying to get done before  the rains came. 
When dinner was over and it was time to come write the blog....I was a goner 😪
In the very early hours before I went outside I did get a wee bit of painting done. 
I painted the butterfly drawing I shared last week and added a bit of stencil work to the background it will be collaged onto. The coffee cup is one that the eldest granddaughter painted several years ago. 

I am trying to commit to going at least a small amount of art every day this summer . I have a tendency to forget to and then the skills get all rusty .
This morning I worked on some flowerpots that I'm updating for the front porch. 

The original color was nice but also the same color as the siding of the house. So they kind of disappeared. I will go back a repaint the raised design a lighter color so it shows up more. 
An update on the butterfly happenings is sad. The  two butterflies that did hatch were infected with the virus/parasite and couldn't fly. They only lived a couple of days 😢😢😢
I've had on more hatch since then and it was deformed too. There are only two Chrysalis left of the original group of eggs and they should hatch any day . I'm not holding out much hope for them. 
There are 21 other Chrysalis from a different group of eggs that were laid later . Hopefully by a different and infected butterfly. 
The milkweed is recovering from the hungry horde of caterpillars that invaded it and should be ready for the fall migration. We don't get many Monarchs during the summer as the usually go on North. However this has not been a normal year at all. 
 Things are really blooming in the garden!







Here are the peonies before the rain...






They never last long enough!

Some Random Thoughts for Today




That's all FOLKS!!!! 
Now head on over to Elizabeth's and join the merry makers :) 

12 comments:

  1. Certainly can say that you did all the you could for the butterflies. Hoping the next group are healthy. Our peonies never bloomed. I think the rain, the freeze, and the fact that the leaves popped out on the oaks and produced too much shade were all factors. It's raining now and I am pretty tired of all this rain. We are too wet. We had two large oaks go down in a bad storm early Friday morning. Love seeing your peonies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art is gorgeous, it's good that you found a little time in spite of all the work in the garden. Sorry about the monarchs, you really did what you could for them, such a shame. Hope the others will be healthy. I can relate to that funny with the million bucks and bounced check feeling, getting old really sucks. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous art Carol! Sorry to hear about the monarchs:(
    Your flowers-especially those peonies are stunning!! I hope you stick to your bit of art a day-even if it's only a little thing . Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You create such cheery art, I love the way you layer your colours and patterns - beautiful! Sorry to hear about the Monarchs but I'm glad your milkweed is growing well so you don't have to go scavenging in your wellies again ... lol! :-) Your garden flowers are so pretty especially the peonies, it's a shame they don't last longer in the wind and rain. The acting whatever age I like made me smile. Thanks for sharing the happiness and wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JO!!! I really wish peonies lasted longer too. They are so pretty and smell so good. Not only is my milkweed recovering but I have started 50 new plants to start a new Butterfly garden in. So I should be set for the next wave of butterflies and caterpillars ♥

      Delete
  5. I thought I had published this, but when I sat at my computer, I noticed it was still in a box.

    I LOVE the butterfly. I think it will go quite well with the beautiful background you created. I think it also goes nicely with the darling mug your GD painted.

    It's too bad about the monarchs. I know you have done your best, even though they seem to have been infected. That's really sad.

    Your flowers are so beautiful. My peonies lasted about three days. And they are now all white. They used to be pink, then pale pink, and now white. I don't know if it's the soil, or what. But OH the ants!

    I like the idea of doing a tiny bit of art each day. I hope to do the same, even if I don't show it on my blog. I'm very supportive of you because you are a fantastic artist, while all I do is cut and paste.

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous art, your beautiful flowers, your random thoughts (I'd LOVE to meet you in the sunshine), and your GD's great mug for T this Tuesday. I'd love to join you for a cup of coffee, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame about the butterflies - hoping that the next batch is healthier! Your art and your plan to make time for more are wonderful! Loving the flowers that must cheer you each day! Happy T day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colorful background for the butterfly painting, Carol, as well as what you're doing with the flowerpots. I re-did some lamp bases with a faux stone spray paint years ago. They came out looking fabulous - very much like your pots.

    Sorry about the monarchs. I'm puzzled by how prevalent the virus is in your area ;-(

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its so sad about the butterflies... is there nothing that can be done about the virus??? Is it affecting their numbers very much?? They always flew thru us when we lived in Tx headed to Mexico... They would roost in our pecan trees for a few days every year.. I was always on the look out for them the first week of October... I never tried to raise any... My heart goes out to you ... it must be so sad to see that happening and not be able to do anything about it.. Happy T day hugs.. a little late... deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so sad about the butterflies. I was so excited to see them last week. Poor things-they deserved to fly free. But love the colors in that painting. And what a good goal to try to do a little art every day. Happy T day, a little late.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been away from blog-land and am trying to catch up :) Seeing your flowers was such a treat. Those peonies! I've never had them, so photos of yours are nice to see. I use a lot of pots on my patio and like the style of the one you painted. I've never tried painting them, so you're inspiring me to try that with one of mine.

    I'm sad about the butterflies. I haven't seen many butterflies so far this year and no monarchs. We just don't get them like we did when I was a child. I appreciate your efforts. You're just up against so many issues in those efforts :(

    ReplyDelete