Sunday, July 10, 2011

Todays Flowers

Day Lily Dreams
I planted my  day lily garden 9 years ago and other than weeding it occasionally it's been neglected ever since. Bad ME I know :(  In spite of this neglect it  has grown and flourished and this year has been absolutely beautiful. 
It is also extremely over crowded now too and will definitely need to be thinned out and redone this year. 





At one point I knew all of the names of the different ones but I've lost too many braincells since then and only know that they are pretty and I do remember where most of them came from. 


This one is my second favorite of all that I have have. My first fav is a lavender color which bloomed last week and I forgot to take a picture of it. 



Most of my day lilies came from my  friend Carol who lives in Springfield, Il. They are her passion and she is great with them. She sent me a huge box of them when we bought our house and property. 


I love their vibrant colors and can't wait to start new beds with more varieties. 
She has a special Hy-bred that she has developed that I am going to buy from her this year. I haven't seen it yet ...but I know it will be wonderful!



In the meantime every time I walk out onto the deck I can look out and remember my friend and enjoy the beauty she shared with me. 


I know I'm late but I'm linking to ...


2 comments:

  1. Love all your day lilies. I have a few in my garden too. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful daylilies. Mine are almost gone. Heat took them this year.

    ReplyDelete