Sunday, September 26, 2010

WHAT EVER WAS I THINKING?




I've been off work for the past two weeks trying to get over this crazy Lyme Disease. I've  been good and have actually rested which isn't an easy thing for me to do. I've read books and even tried knitting a couple of hats to challenge myself ( I'm a crocheter not a knitter) . I nearly pulled my hair out with frustration because I just can't set and do nothing.
So on Friday the doc gave me the go ahead to go back to work on Monday but short days for the first week. So what do I do today? Rip  into the house with a vengeance. I've steamed and mopped and dusted and rearranged. I've tossed out and bagged up to give away.  Then I went  outside and picked 4 buckets of apples and after bringing them in I remembered that there are green beans that probably need picked  too.  So out I go with my gathering basket. 
So tonight I have canned green beans and scrubbed apples to get them ready for applesauce. I've dug out canning jars and ran them through the dishwasher. If I can get my butt out of bed tomorrow I will be making applesauce and pie filling and the house will smell great :) 
All that rest definitely gave me extra energy for today and I'm praying it will last through tomorrow too. 
There's a craft fair I'd like to catch tomorrow too. 
Here's a couple of blooms from the garden today. I'm really not ready for the flowers to go away for the year. 







1 comment:

  1. OMG, Carol! Honey, you are exhausting me! I have just collapsed on the floor! Two weeks of rest has made you into the Energizer Bunny! LOL! You don't just do half days, do you? Hope you are OK today! I smell the apple pie because I need to do one and maybe some applesauce as well. As Scarlett always said, Tomorrow is another day! Did she say that? I'm not sure now! Take care, Carol!

    ReplyDelete